Monday, May 10, 2010

Donuts+The Lake+Golf=Uh Oh!

I sit here and write this latest post with a good bit of guilt sitting in my stomach.  Thankfully though it’s taste is disguised by the really awesome free donuts my family and I just snagged from our local donut shop (if you live in Chattanooga or ever come this way you have to check out Julie Darling Donuts).

Yes, after a month and a half of solid training with only an occasional missed run I have now officially missed 4 days of running in a row!  (I will add here that David did actually get up and run this morning, so at least one of us in doing ok)  You would think that for a dedicated runner such as myself I must be going through some difficult injuries to have missed so many days, but alas that would be false.

Sadly, my tale of woe isn’t quite that woeful.  Friday I was lured away from my workout by a full day of golf with some friends and family (always better than a day at work!).  We then spent Saturday and Sunday with both our families and some good friends at the lake just playing around and having fun.  While we didn’t get any miles in, we did catch our fair share of really small fish. (and despite what the picture below implies, I didn’t use my son as bait!)

DSC_0394

So that brings me to today.  Instead of hitting the roads and pounding out some good miles to start off the week I decided to sleep and eat donuts.  Yes folks, life is really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment