Thursday, May 6, 2010

You Would Think We Would Know By Now!

Finally after 40 plus years of combined running experience we have realized something most elementary kids figure out in the 2nd grade. Hydration matters. Don’t get me wrong, we drink water and lots of it (although probably not enough). We have even gone as far as to eliminate soft drinks from our diets. The problem is we also drink stuff that just isn’t really beneficial (i.e. PowerAde) that might do the job of hydrating and refueling our electrolytes but also add lots of ingredients that just aren’t natural or healthy. (No I am not as smart as this sentence would make me seem. I just read this stuff on the side of the box.)

With the really hot months of summer already breathing down our necks (today and tomorrow high will be in the 90s!) we have made it our mission to not only drink lots, but also drink smart. So thanks to the awesome folks at XOOD we are going to spend the next month trying out something a little new, XOOD Endurance Drinks. During this time we will be using all three of their drink lines, which will cover us from both fueling up before runs, during runs and after our runs. The coolest part though, is that this stuff is all natural with no additives or artificial ingredients! Consider this our press conference announcing our official endorsement of XOOD. We are currently negotiating with Runner’s World to be on their July issue cover (but most likely negotiations will lead to us renewing our subscriptions).

logo

The bottom line is we are excited to keep you posted on our progress and let you know a little more about these products. In the mean time though, check them out at www.xoodhealth.com. They really are a great company, and we are anxiously waiting for our mailman to arrive any minute.

Finally, I wanted to update you guys on the status of my sore knee from last week’s long run. I took Sunday and Monday off (except for a little 2 miler on Monday afternoon just to test it out). It felt stiff, but ok so I decided to continue with out training. On Tuesday we hammered out 4 mile repeats at a comfortable pace (5:41, 5:39, 5:35, 5:33) and it seemed to respond well. I am still feeling some issues with stairs and when I do my bounding drills though. With the progress I am seeing though I am leaning on the hope that time really does heal all wounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment